Thursday, October 8, 2009

Random pics from da Dam



a gross beer I had at the Flying Pig (hostel in da dam).  I didn't like it at all.  I don't like beer... not sure why I thought I might like this one.  Some dude was happy to take it over though.  Gross.











Some fellow hostellers at The Flying Pig in "da Dam" (Now I like that name)









Leidesplein - you all know what that is. 










Soap, from the grocery store.  I am glad they rename it in the U.S.  OUCH!














The case at Boom.
















Fountain in the plaza in front of Boom.










Kinda hard to see   but this is some lady in an old fashioned dress, like a fancy one from Little House On The Prarie.  The type Nellie Olsen would wear, not what the Ingles' would have.  I don't know why she's wearing this, but it caught my eye.











da Dam.














Anne Frank memorial.  I was not allowed to take pics in the Anne Frank house.  Sorry. 














Dolce & Gabbana!!!















Dude sitting outside a cafe, that I talked with for a few minutes.  His name is Aipi.  It's prounced appy, like in Happy.

He has a dog named Jackie Chan.  That's about all I got out of him.  His English was... how you say... no too good








OK, I know the pics have been somewhat lacking.  I have some on the camera from Brussels, and my arrival in Paris, and will post them tomorrow.  I will also have really good pics starting tomorrow as I will be at the Louvre.  In Paris.  Yeah... I know.... right????!!!!



.


3 comments:

  1. What an adventure! Glad you're having fun. I have to say that Aipi looks a little scary! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at how much "ground" you've already covered. How're you avoiding sensory overload? Do you feel like a foreign correspondent/ant? Living vicariously, girl. Keep on dancing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vik, you have GOT to get me a bottle of that "Douch Cream". Priceless. I am telling you: PRICELESS!!.

    I will leave it in the guest bathroom for when Jeannie's sisters stay with us, and see if anyone bites. All I should have to do is listen for the screaming. Hee Hee Hee.

    ReplyDelete

 

My Life In Bytes | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates