Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 1 - And a streak of good luck!





Aside from the dreary, drizzly weather, which I really didn't mind since at least it was cool, the day has gone great.  First, I am navigating the city very easily!  It is now 6:04 p.m. and I just got to my bed in the Hostel.  I have been out in the city all day, and only the last hour was bordering excruciating.  I found that if I rest for just a few minutes every once in a while, and take pain pills every 4 hours, I can walk quite a bit.  I must have walked miles today!  And I did a lot more than I thought I would on day one. 

The city is super cool looking. 




These are things I ate today:


a boring looking but surprisingly delicious apple thingy


a herring sandwich.  It is apparently a very popular food here.  I was fairly sure I wouldn't like it, but had to try it.  the pigeons were glad.  It's raw and very slimy.  Yuck.




a much more delicious mozzzarella pesto sandwich.  much better than herring.

I saw the Anne Frank house and the Van Gogh museum (both were awesome.)  I walked around the streets a lot, looking in shops and taking in the atmosphere. 

I am at the hostel now, ready to take a nap and then go out again tonight.

bye for now.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your next update. Please post some photos of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cool! The picture of the waterway is wonderful. The herring sandwich does sound nasty. Can't wait to hear more. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mozzarella pesta sandwich looks delicious, especially since I did not eat breakfast. This all looks and sounds so interesting. I look forward to each post as you travel. Take care of yourself.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

 

My Life In Bytes | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates