Friday, September 25, 2009

Plans in motion

I now have: plane tickets, a 22" rolling backpack (affectionately called "my companion"), passport in hand, and a rough idea of destinations.  I leave the U.S. on Monday, October 5 (10 short days away).  I will arrive in Amsterdam on Tuesday morning, and then 16 days later, leave Venice on October 22 heading home.  I will most likely start chemo (for five months) the following Monday.

I have some distant cousins in southern Italy (near Pompeii, which is another place I'd love to see) so am contemplating heading down there to meet them, but I'm not sure I'd have the time.  It would mean giving up another city -- perhaps Milan.  Plus, they don't speak English, and I don't speak Italian, so they might wonder who the crazy American knocking on their door is.  So... who knows... maybe I'll end up there. 

I am trying to make lists of the "must do" items for each city.  I don't have a lot yet, but so far: 
Amsterdam:  Van Gogh museum; Anne Frank house
Paris:  Louvre; Picasso museum; some huge flea market I forgot the name of; possibly Jim Morrison's grave
That's all so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Life In Bytes | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates