Friday, February 19, 2010

Boring....

To avoid the impending threat of losing my fan base to the boredom stemming from my lack of posts and lack of adventures (but mostly because of insomnia) I decided to write something. Anything.

First, next week I should have a date for surgery. I will finally get my long-awaited reversal and am fairly certain a portion of my liver will be removed. Will know for sure after meeting with the liver doctor next week. I have been off chemo for about a month now, and it’s a nice break! Cold drinks ROCK. My doctor is eager to get me back on, and as soon as I am healed enough from surgery, they will start it again. Yuck.

For several months now, I’ve been somewhat consumed with the desire to return to Europe. This time for longer. We are in the last phases of a huge project at work, and when that is completed, I am hoping to find a way to get back there. The majority of my chemo will be in pill form, so I am thinking maybe I could go then (when I am back on chemo) but am not real sure about traveling while nauseas, weak, tired, and not eating. Yet otherwise, if I’m not feeling sick, I am unsure about justifying the time out of work. Except for the fact that my Oncologist actually did order that I keep traveling and doing things (seriously… she did. Does that mean I can deduct travel expenses from my taxes as medical expenses?) and I still do need to pack like 30 or 40 years of experiences into the next 3-5 years… and if I wait until I am too sick to travel, I’ll be… well… too sick to travel. I dunno; I’m really hoping to work this out somehow.

I also have been wanting to get to South America. Peru maybe. Or Ecuador. Or maybe Honduras (is that South or Central?) but Peru is flooded, and I’ve not look at the other destinations enough to decide specifically where I’d want to go. I found this website where you can find host families in lots of other countries. I think I’d like that… staying with a host family, learning their culture, eating their food, and paying like $20 a day. That interests me a lot more than the normal touristy travel type of trip.

Jamie Jame is getting bigger and cuter and smarter. He has just started the phase where he is afraid of strangers. We’ve learned though, that he’s quite gullible and if you give him a toy, he assumes you are trustworthy. He’s getting a little bit more hair, but not much. I swear he’s more of a baldy than my little sister Al was. She didn’t get hair until like… last year-ish.

My alarm is buzzing so I guess I’ll start my day. Have a great one!

Oh... today is "Chocolate Mint day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Life In Bytes | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates